Medical Billing for Dental Procedures
Great news! We may be able to use your medical benefits to take care of some of your dental health needs.
Any time you have a procedure done that is medical and not just dental, you may bill medical insurance. If you require care for a problem that is both medical and dental, billing your medical insurance may help with the cost.
Common dental services that can be billed to medical insurance include:
- Exams, radiographs and consultations for dental procedures that are medically necessary
- Many oral surgical procedures
- Mouth reconstruction to correct damage from trauma or genetics
- Endodontic treatment to correct damage from trauma or medical conditions
- TMD treatment including treatment of myofascial pain
- Emergency treatment for oral inflammation
- Non-surgical sleep apnea procedures
- Treatment for patients who are pregnant or have medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, heart disease, hormonal conditions and Parkinson’s disease
- Procedures for patients who need radiation treatment
- Dental implants for loss of teeth due to trauma or systemic conditions such as tumors, cysts, radiation therapy, cancer or genetics
- Dental implants for bone atrophy that leads to dentures not fitting correctly and resulting in difficulties with chewing and getting adequate nutrition
- Surgery that first requires a dental clearance for the patient.
If you have any questions, have your medical insurance in hand and give our medical billing specialist Sheila a call at 773-684-5702 or send her an email at udpdentistry.com! We look forward to providing you with dental care in Chicago, Illinois.