New Dental Patient Information - Hyde Park • Chicago, IL
How to Get Started with Our Practice
University Dental Professionals is currently accepting patients of all ages, and to help you get started, we’ve shared all the information you need below. We want your first experience with us to be as easy and comfortable as possible, so be sure to read over everything, and if you have any questions or concerns, you’re always welcome to give us a call. We can’t wait to show you a whole new level of dental care and service!
Your First Visit
Once you’ve been checked in by our friendly team, your appointment will begin with a pre-exam and X-rays by one of our assistants. You’ll then meet your dentist, who will ask about your oral health goals before performing a thorough checkup. Afterward, they’ll discuss their observations with you, go over any additional treatments you might need, and work with you to put together an ongoing care plan. When all of your questions have been answered, you’ll be escorted back to the front desk.
New Patient Forms
We strive to make your appointments as efficient as possible so you’re in and out nice and fast. To help you save time in our office, please take a moment to fill out our patient forms beforehand. You can download them below and complete them at home. Just be sure to bring them with you on the day of your visit so we can check you in right away!
Dental Insurance Welcome
University Dental Professionals is happy to accept plans from several major dental insurance providers, and we’ll even file your claims for you to ensure you’re maximizing your benefits. You’ll often be expected to pay upfront for your services and be reimbursed by your insurance later, so be sure to give us a call ahead of your visit so we can give you a rough estimate of what your out-of-pocket costs will be.
Medical Billing for Dental Procedures
Great news! We may be able to use your medical benefits to take care of some of your dental health needs.
Any time you have a procedure done that is medical and not just dental, you may bill medical insurance. If you require care for a problem that is both medical and dental, billing your medical insurance may help with the cost.
Common dental services that can be billed to medical insurance include:
- Exams, radiographs, and consultations for dental procedures that are medically necessary
- Many oral surgical procedures
- Mouth reconstruction to correct damage from trauma or genetics
- Endodontic treatment to correct damage from trauma or medical conditions
- TMD therapy including treatment of myofascial pain
- Emergency treatment for oral inflammation
- Non-surgical sleep apnea procedures
- Treatment for patients who are pregnant or have medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, heart disease, hormonal conditions, and Parkinson’s disease
- Procedures for patients who need radiation treatment
- Dental implants for loss of teeth due to trauma or systemic conditions such as tumors, cysts, radiation therapy, cancer, or genetics
- Dental implants for bone atrophy that leads to dentures not fitting correctly and resulting in difficulties with chewing and getting adequate nutrition
- Surgery that first requires a dental clearance for the patient.
If you have any questions, have your medical insurance in hand and give our medical billing specialist, Sheila, a call.
UDP Prevention Plan
Our mission at University Dental Professionals is to provide the highest quality care that is also easily affordable. That’s why we have put together our UDP Prevention Plan. One low annual fee is all you’ll need to pay to cover your routine care for the year and receive a 15% discount on all other services, including specialty treatments and cosmetic procedures usually not covered by traditional insurance. To learn more about the benefits and how to sign up, follow the link below.
For extended treatment plans, we offer our patients flexible, low-to-no interest financing options. LendingClub and CFI are used by thousands of healthcare providers around the country to help their patients pay for their care without breaking the bank. They offer a wide selection of plans ranging from 6 to 36 months and beyond, and you can quickly sign up just by following the links below.
It takes less than a minute to set up online payments with University Dental Professionals. Our safe, secure, and easy to use patient portal will enable you to check your balance and make a payment with just a few clicks. This is the simplest way to manage your dental care, so be sure to sign up today!