All-On-4 – Chicago, IL
Restore Your Entire Smile in One Appointment
Instead of replacing each tooth individually, a full denture can be supported by just 4 dental implants. All-on-4 is an amazing option that eliminates the hassle and discomfort of slipping traditional dentures. Plus, it’s cost-effective and you may even be able to have your new teeth placed the same day as your implant surgery.
Why Choose University Dental Professionals for Restorative Dentistry?
- In-House Dental Specialists
- Hi-Tech, Comfortable Office
- Trusted by Chicago Since 1984
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
All-on-4 utilizes the power of dental implants to give you a full, lifelike set of teeth. Dental implants are tiny posts, usually made of titanium, that are surgically planted in the jaw to act as artificial tooth roots. All-on-4 can anchor the fewest number of dental implants to your jawbone while allowing them to support a full denture. This is done by placing implants in the fullest, thickest part of the jawbone. The two dental implants closest to the back of the mouth will be placed at 45-degrees to decrease the need for thick bone structure.
Am I A Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
Most patients who have lost all or most of their teeth in one or both arches are good candidates for all-on-4. Even patients who have experienced bone loss can benefit from all-on-4 due to the unique placement of the dental implants in Chicago. Patients who traditionally need bone grafting may be able to skip this preparatory treatment thanks to all-on-4. That said, you must still be committed to a good oral healthcare routine that includes brushing, flossing, and visiting our office regularly. You should also avoid bad habits like smoking and tobacco use because they can cause implant failure.
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
There are many benefits that all-on-4 allows you to enjoy, including:
- Maintenance: fixed permanently in your mouth, all-on-4 dentures can be cared for similar to your natural teeth. You can brush and floss them like normal – no taking your smile out for cleaning overnight.
- Feel: Firmly rooted in the jawbone, all-on-4 feels just like natural teeth. This gives you the confidence to smile and speak in any social or professional situation.
- Diet: All-on-4 allows you to eat virtually anything you want! Feel free to consume a diet that is nutritious and delicious – you won’t have to avoid items because you think your smile will slide or shift around.
- Bone health: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone to prevent it from deteriorating after tooth loss. This keeps your facial appearance looking fuller and more youthful.
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Traditional implant dentures can often take up to 8 dental implants to secure a single denture. This makes all-on-4 placed by an implant dentist in Chicago a more cost-effective and convenient option with also less surgery. In many cases, you won’t need bone grafting for all-on-4, however traditional implant dentures will usually require this procedure, adding months onto your treatment time. Plus, All-on-4 can often be placed in the same day, giving you the chance to enjoy your new smile as soon as possible.